In celebration and support of September being National Recovery Month, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has updated their official resource that answers questions they should ask potential treatment centers.
The revised consumer guide, Seeking Drug Abuse Treatment: Know What to Ask, is evidence-based and is being released in recognition of this year’s National Recovery Month.
The resource contains the following Table of Contents:
1. Does the program use treatments backed by scientific evidence?
2. Does the program tailor treatment to the needs of each patient?
3. Does the program adapt treatment as the patient’s needs change?
4. Is the duration of treatment sufficient?
5. How do 12-step or similar recovery programs fit into drug addiction treatment?
You can download the full informative packet at the National Institute on Drug Abuse Website: http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/seeking-drug-abuse-treatment
Chat 2 Recovery, a unique online addiction treatment program, is happy to answer any questions you have about the program. Call us today at 855-436-6781 for more information.
Happy Recovery Month 2013!